Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was first attracted to this recipe because I'm a big Beatles fan, and secondly because it's a good vegan recipe. Pretty easy to make, and delicious!
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 corn tortillas or 6 ready-to-eat taco shells
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tofu, chili powder, cumin, oregano and soy sauce.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer over low heat until mixture is fairly dry.
- Heat tortillas in a heavy, ungreased skillet, turning each from side to side until soft and pliable (omit this step if using taco shells).
- Place a small amount of the tofu mixture in the center, fold the tortillas in half, and remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped lettuce, onions, tomatoes, salsa and avocado.