Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Even George Bush would like this broccoli.
- 3 packages frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- FOR 1/2 RECIPE: 2 PKG.
- BROCCOLI AND HALF THE REST Put broccoli (cooked, drained and cut up) in casserole dish.
- Melt 1/2 c.
- butter and blend in bouillon and flour.
- Add milk and cook until thick.
- Dump over broccoli.
- Heat water and add 6 tbs.
- Add to mixture stuffing and nuts and stir.
- Put on top of sauce.
- Cook 20 min.
- at 350°.
I've been looking for another way to prepare broccoli and I'm so glad I tried this. It's wonderful. I think next time I might add 1/2 cup of sour cream or a tablespoon of lemon juice just for fun. Loved this!