Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just right for a tea break snack.
- 675 g plain flour
- 40 g baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 140 g butter
- 200 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200 ml milk
- Heat the oven to 200c/fan180c/ gas 6. Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into a large bowl.
- Add the butter & rub together.
- Tip in 140g of the grated cheese, followed by 3 of the eggs & milk. combine quickly to make a ball of dough.
- On a floured surface, gently roll out the dough to 2.5cm thick.
- Using a 6cm pastry cutter, cut out 20-24 rounds.
- Arrange the scones on a greased baking tray, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle the last of the cheese on top.
- bake for 20-25 minutes till golden.