Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my dad's favorite cookies that I make for Christmas every year. They are not an overpowering maple but you can definitely tell they are maple. For the Maple Frosting, see the other recipe I have listed called, you guessed it, Maple Frosting.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar and salt; beat until combined.
- Beat in egg and maple.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Cover dough and chill about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into eight portions.
- Roll each portion on a lightly floured surface into a rope 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Cut ropes into logs about 3 inches long.
- Place logs on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until done.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Frost tops with maple frosting: pull tines of fork through frosting so it resembles bark.
I am on a cooking binge of baking cookies and I made these....they turned out scrumptious...smelled up the house yummy.