Prep 240 hrs
Cook 240 hrs
An Italian lemon liqueur which is wonderful as a summer drink if chilled.
- Wash the lemons well.
- Carefully remove the peel only, cutting away as much of the white pith as possible.
- Put the rind in a sterilized glass jar with a lid, and pour the vodka over top.
- Cover, and place in the sun for 10 days.
- After 10 days, prepare a sugar syrup with the sugar and water.
- Bring them to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Filter the vodka and lemon peel, by pouring through cheesecloth.
- Mix with the syrup, and leave for about 10 days to mature.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer before serving.
- This liqueur will keep for months.