Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This sounds wonderful and looks really fancy without all that much effort. I originally found this recipe in the UK cooking magazine Olive. Cooking time includes the 1hr chilling time.
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 1⁄2 fluid ounces limoncello
- 10 1⁄2 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 3 1⁄2 ounces caster sugar
- 12 amaretti cookies
- Mix the lemon juice, most of the zest and the limoncello together.
- Pour the cream into a large bowl and softly whip with the sugar.
- Drizzle in the lemon mixture and whisk until incorporated.
- Divide between 6 small glasses and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, put 6 cookies in a plastic bag. Crush with a rolling pin and sprinkle over each dessert with a little lemon zest.
- If you like, serve each with a whole cookie on the side.
Really delicious and a lovely cooling dessert on a hot, summer's day. This was not too sweet, just tart enough. LIghtly-creamy. Elegant enough for company. A keeper, in short.
I love the taste of the limoncello. I had maybe 7 ounces of heavy cream so I had to complete with half and half cream. Maybe the result was not the same. But for me, it was ok. It was still thick but maybe a little bit less due to the half and half cream. Thanks Sarah. Made for ZWT4
Light and airy with a great sweet tart flavor. I used crushed almond biscotti to replace the amaretti I couldn't find locally and the contrasting crunch gave this dessert such a wonderful play on the taste buds. Half the recipe gave me four 2 1/2 oz dessert cups. Made for ZWT4.