Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This sounds wonderful and looks really fancy without all that much effort. I originally found this recipe in the UK cooking magazine Olive. Cooking time includes the 1hr chilling time.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Really delicious and a lovely cooling dessert on a hot, summer's day. This was not too sweet, just tart enough. LIghtly-creamy. Elegant enough for company. A keeper, in short.
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 1⁄2 fluid ounces limoncello
- 10 1⁄2 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 3 1⁄2 ounces caster sugar
- 12 amaretti cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the lemon juice, most of the zest and the limoncello together.
- Pour the cream into a large bowl and softly whip with the sugar.
- Drizzle in the lemon mixture and whisk until incorporated.
- Divide between 6 small glasses and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, put 6 cookies in a plastic bag. Crush with a rolling pin and sprinkle over each dessert with a little lemon zest.
- If you like, serve each with a whole cookie on the side.