Recipe by babygirl65
I was looking for recipes that use Limoncello liqueur and I found this. I will be making it but I as posting it here for safe keeping....If you try it, let me know...
Top Review by Abby Girl
Excellent cake, and appreciated by all. My only complaint was that the instructions could have been worded a little bit better, hense the 4 star rating. My cooking time was off about 15 minutes. I would use a wooden skewer to check to see if it is cooked. The cake is so dense that the toothpick method didn't work in this case. I served this to 10 people and I had a half of a bundt pan left, so next time, I would cut the recipe in half and use in a loaf pan. Excellent recipe, one that I would definately use again!!! Thanks for the posting!
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces limoncello
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup port wine or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1-2 oz water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300. Can be made in a bundt pan, springform pan or loaf pan. Grease well and set aside.
- Mix juice of one lemon with heavy cream, set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, until well blended. Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Add lemon mixture alternately with flour to creamed mixture, folding after each addition, beginning and ending with flour.
- Fold in zest of one lemon.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a rack, then transfer to a serving plate.
- For glaze, whisk together melted butter, juice, zest and sugar until smooth.
- While cake is cooling, poke holes on top of cake and pour 4 oz. of Limoncello, then pour glaze over cake.
- For sauce, gently boil berries, sugar, port and cinnamon for about 15 minutes. Add the dissolved cornstarch and cook for additional minute. Cool and servce with cake.