1/2 Photos of Limoncello , Lemoncella
1920 hrs 30 mins
This is a great lemony flavored vodka that is great for sipping after dinner, or anytime. I always try to keep some in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the lemons well with a vegetable brush and hot water to remove any residue of pesticides or wax.
- 2Pat the lemons dry.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, peel the lemons.
- 4If you do get some of the pith with the zest, carefully scrape it away with the tip of a knife.
- 5Fill the jar with one bottle of the vodka and the zest.
- 6Cover the jar and let it sit forty days at room temperature in a dark cabinet.
- 7Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan, bring it to a boil and cook until thickened, about five minutes.
- 8Let the syrup cool before adding it to the limoncello mixture, along with the other bottle of vodka.
- 9Cover and return to the cupboard for another 40 days.
- 10Strain the limoncello into bottles and discard the lemon zest.
- 11Store them in a cupboard or the freezer.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Limoncello , Lemoncella
Serving Size: 1 (4245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2482.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 293.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 273.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g