Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Sometimes I don't do everything from scratch... This is a quick way to whip up a wonderfully lemony tasting cupcake in just a few moments and not a lot of mess! Everyone just loved the Lemoncello Cream so I am posting the recipe for others who enjoy sophisticated but simple recipes. I did not care for the canned frosting, but it tasted much better the second day after the flavors mingled.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces super moist white cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed (put the rest in the freezer you can use it for other recipes and this one!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (no pith)
- 1 (12 ounce) canwhipped cream frosting (I used Betty Crocker) or 1 (12 ounce) canyour favorite white frosting
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, lemonade concentrate, sour cream, cream cheese and egg whites. Beat with mixer until blended. Stir in zest.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin pan or muffin pans sprayed well with Pam Baking spray.
- I actually used those new foil liners - no pan necessary.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until tester comes out of the center of a cupcake clean. Immediately do next step.
- While cupcakes are baking scrape all the frosting out of the can with a spatula into a medium bowl. Add two tablespoons Limoncello and stir till creamy. Taste. Do you need more? Go ahead then -- add more!
- Refrigerate while you wait.
- Cool cupcakes completely and then frost and sprinkle with zest.