Sometimes I don't do everything from scratch... This is a quick way to whip up a wonderfully lemony tasting cupcake in just a few moments and not a lot of mess! Everyone just loved the Lemoncello Cream so I am posting the recipe for others who enjoy sophisticated but simple recipes. I did not care for the canned frosting, but it tasted much better the second day after the flavors mingled.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces super moist white cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed (put the rest in the freezer you can use it for other recipes and this one!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (no pith)
- 1 (12 ounce) canwhipped cream frosting (I used Betty Crocker) or 1 (12 ounce) canyour favorite white frosting
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, lemonade concentrate, sour cream, cream cheese and egg whites. Beat with mixer until blended. Stir in zest.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin pan or muffin pans sprayed well with Pam Baking spray.
- I actually used those new foil liners - no pan necessary.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until tester comes out of the center of a cupcake clean. Immediately do next step.
- While cupcakes are baking scrape all the frosting out of the can with a spatula into a medium bowl. Add two tablespoons Limoncello and stir till creamy. Taste. Do you need more? Go ahead then -- add more!
- Refrigerate while you wait.
- Cool cupcakes completely and then frost and sprinkle with zest.
As cupcakes go these are pretty good at least hubby, who ate four of them, said so.
Me and my friend Noah loved these cupcakes! We wanted more and more and more. I like the tang. Yummy!
I won't put my photo cause my cupcake is pink cause I don't know I was sure it said pink lemonade lol but now I see that it was not written pink. The cupcake is moist and has a very good taste. We really like it. But the frosting not so much. It's the store-bought whipped cream frosting that I don't like the taste. Even if I added lot of Limoncello :( I think it would be great to do whipped cream and add limoncello to it. I'm glad I frosted only 1 cupcake for the photo. Cause we're probably eat the cupcake without frosting. Thanks Chery :)