1/3 Photos of Limoncello Cream Cupcakes
Sometimes I don't do everything from scratch... This is a quick way to whip up a wonderfully lemony tasting cupcake in just a few moments and not a lot of mess! Everyone just loved the Lemoncello Cream so I am posting the recipe for others who enjoy sophisticated but simple recipes. I did not care for the canned frosting, but it tasted much better the second day after the flavors mingled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces super moist white cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed (put the rest in the freezer you can use it for other recipes and this one!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (no pith)
- 1 (12 ounce) can whipped cream frosting (I used Betty Crocker) or 1 (12 ounce) can your favorite white frosting
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large bowl combine cake mix, lemonade concentrate, sour cream, cream cheese and egg whites. Beat with mixer until blended. Stir in zest.
- 3Spoon batter into paper lined muffin pan or muffin pans sprayed well with Pam Baking spray.
- 4I actually used those new foil liners - no pan necessary.
- 5Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until tester comes out of the center of a cupcake clean. Immediately do next step.
- 6While cupcakes are baking scrape all the frosting out of the can with a spatula into a medium bowl. Add two tablespoons Limoncello and stir till creamy. Taste. Do you need more? Go ahead then -- add more!
- 7Refrigerate while you wait.
- 8Cool cupcakes completely and then frost and sprinkle with zest.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Limoncello Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: