Recipe by Ammie Cook in Deutschland
A great way to welcome your guests to your summer backyard party! This recipe comes from a monthly women's magazine, "Meine Familie & Ich" from the grocery store magazine stand in Düsseldorf, Germany. This recipe has been translated from German into English. Limoncello is an Italian lemon-flavored liquor.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
This cocktail is very pretty, very clean, very classy. I love it! I had never tried Limoncello before, it is wonderful stuff. These will be made again to impress. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash 4 unwaxed lemons in hot water.
- Dry the lemons and cut 10 thin strips from the rind to garnish the cocktails.
- Mix together the 14 oz Limoncello and 7 oz Vodka.
- Add some ice cubes to 10 champagne glasses.
- Divide the Limoncello-Vodka mixture between the 10 champagne glasses.
- Top off each glass with the Tonic water. In this step, you can determine the strength of the cocktail. For a stronger cocktail, add less tonic. For a weaker cocktail, add more tonic.
- Garnish with the lemon strip.
- Serve with a straw. Enjoy!