Recipe by babygirl65
I love Limoncello and this is one of those desserts to die for. There are other recipes here for Limoncello cheesecake but not like this!! Let me know what you think!! It takes some time to make but it's worth it.....
- 1 cup gingersnaps
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 egg white, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons limoncello
- 1 egg yolk, room temp
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 325.
- For Crust: Crumbled gingersnaps and mix with sugar and melted butter. Press into a greased springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. After crust is done, turn oven down to 300.
- For Filling: Mix all ingredients, EXCEPT eggs, at low speed just until blended. Add eggs, individually, mixing at low until blended.
- Pour into crust. Tap to remove air bubbles. Bake at 300 for 55-60 minutes until center is just set. Cool in the oven for another hour.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen before removing pan. Cool in the fridge for about 4 hours.
- Topping: Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan, add liquids slowly. Bring to a slow boil and stir until thick.
- To incorporate the egg yolk, first stir a tablespoon of the hot liquid into the yolk, then add to the lemon mix.
- Stir and heat until jelled. Cool before pouring over cheesecake.