Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was searching for an easy cake to use up some of my Limoncello. We love Limoncello in our family! This uses an lemon cake mix and is full of lemony taste.
- 18 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup limoncello (lemon liqueur or Limoncello , Lemoncella)
- 1 lemon, zest of, rind finely grated
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup limoncello
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add lemon cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, oil, lemon juice, Limoncello, rind and pecans to large bowl.
- Mix for at least 3 minutes.
- Pour into buttered and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Make glaze: Melt butter and add sugar.
- Bring to full boil until sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat and add Limoncello.
- Poke holes all over cake using a skewer or fork.
- Pour glaze over hot cake slowly.
- Cool in pan.
GREAT RECIPE! One hint: For the glaze boil the butter, sugar, and 1/4 cup WATER together for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in limoncello (I use 1/2 cup :D)
Moist and delicious. I make limoncello and this recipe s t r e t c h e s a very good thing!
Sounds super! But Mary, if you can spare 1/2 cups of limoncello, send it to us! We are in Colorado...We make it all the time & can't imagine wasting a single drop of it on a cake! (gonna play with the recipe though, it sounds so good!)
Zero stars for me. I followed these directions exactly and it was terrible. It was dry and the 'glaze' was nothing but crystalized sugar. I took it out at 50 minutes so it wasn't over cooked. Hope I can find a use for the liqueur :(