Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this, but Rachael Ray just fixed it on her 30-minute meals show and it looks delicious!
- 1 sponge cake, tart shell 12-inch store-bought
- 2 ounces chilled limoncello
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup lemon curd
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries
- 1⁄2 pint blackberry
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced mint leaves
- Remove the tart cake from the packaging, put it on a cake plate and douse with the liqueur.
- In a small bowl whisk or beat the cream, mascarpone cheese and lemon curd to combine.
- Fill the tart with the cheese mixture and top with the berries, lemon zest and mint.
Dee-lish! I chose to buy the individual sponge cakes b/c I wanted to have the rest for next day. Not too sure that the sponge cake would be my preference next time, think I would prefer something more crisp but don't know how the limoncello would work? I used blueberries and strawberries as store did not have raspberries, but raspberries and blackberries would be more eye appealing. I altered it a bit. I set out the mascarpone so it would get to room temperature. I whipped the cream. Mixed the mascarpone, lemon curd, and zest THEN I folded that into the whipped cream. I did increase the lemon curd to about 3/4 cup b/c I wanted to taste the lemon. I cut the mint very small-reduced amount-mint goes a long way. Wonder about drizzling the limocello over the top? I am going to freeze our leftover filling-pretty sure it would work. Will be adding this to Cooking for Two cookbook. Thanks VctrnRse, I will definitely be adding this to my company's coming collection.