- 1⁄2 liter of pure alcohol (ethyl alcohol)
- 1⁄2 liter cold water
- 350 g caster sugar
- 6 unwaxed lemons (or 8 if they're too small)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the lemons - (be sure to peel only the yellow part because the white is bitter) - put them into a jar together with the alcohol, the water and the sugar.
- Give it a good stir and close the jar.
- Keep the mix into the jar for about 5 days and don't forget to give it a stir on day 3.
- Then, strain the mixture into a bottle and store it - well closed - into the fridge for about a week.
- And then -- enjoy your limoncello!