Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You MUST use organic, pesticide free rose petals or you'll get sick. This drink is served every August 30 in Peru for the Santa Rose de Lima festival. From: http://peru-recipes.com/2008/09/limonada-de-rosas-roses-lemonade#more-331
- 1 dozen roses (only the petals)
- 1 liter boiling water
- 4 limes, juice of
- sugar, to taste
- 1 drop of essence roses (optional)
- Wash, very softly, the petals.
- Put them in a bowl.
- Pour immediately the boiling water and cover.
- Let it settle for an hour to infuse the water.
- Filter the water and add the lime juice and the sugar.
- Pour a drop of essence if you want a stronger rose taste.
- Serve chilled.