Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple and tasty drink. I found the recipe at www.laylita.com/recipes. Posted for ZWT 2008.
- 2 limes or 2 lemons, quartered and any seeds removed
- 8 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- ice cube, as desired
- Place the quartered limes or lemons in the blender with 4 cups of water and sugar.
- Blend until the limes or lemon is completely pulverized, the mixture should be slightly foamy with a whitish color.
- Strain the lemonade and add the remaining 4 cups of water.
- Serve with or without ice based on individual preference.
Fantastic beverage. I used just limes and was very pleased. This will be especially nice on a hot afternoon. Thanks for posting such a lovely recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
This was refreshing. I used limes and lemons. I also found this to be pretty bitter even with doubling the sugar. I also halved the water and used lots of ice. I think if I used cheese cloth it might take out more of the pith and be less bitter.
We liked this drink just as it was but also tried it as an added kick to some Sprite. I used 1/4 limonada to 3/4 Sprite and it was a great drink. (-: Made for ZWT4.