Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I heard a snip of this on MPR's Splendid table and even if this isn't the exact recipe, it's pretty good for a quick and refreshing summer cooler!
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 bottle light-bodied fruity red wine, chilled
- crushed ice
- twist lime peel or lime wedge (optional)
- Combine the lime juice and sugar in a pitcher and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the wine to pitcher and stir.
- To serve, pour mixture over ice in chilled glasses.
- Garnish with a twist of lime peel of a wedge of lime.
This is very refreshing! I added some soda water to mine to make it lighter. Thank you for posting this recipe.
The lighter the red, the better. Aussie wines are a bit too warm climate and fullbodied for this. I think this would be better with a white wine such as a Gewurztraminer.
THIS IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! The ligth citrus taste with the wine is fantastic, like a Sangria only much less heavy! I used a chilled Gamay Rouge for the wine and combined it all in a chilled pitcher! It was gone in a flash! My only regret is that I didn't double the recipe! Thank you for sharing this recipe...I just adore it!