Recipe by Joyously Obscene David
Can be served cold from fridge or frozen. Really great and super limey!
- 1 store bought pie crust
- 7 limes
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- green food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer beat egg yolks and sugar until it forms a smooth ribon when the beater is pulled away.
- Zest and juice limes (should yield between 3/4 cup and 1 cup juice).
- Add to egg mixture and add condensed milk.
- Two ways to finish this off.
- (If you want to add the food coloring do three drops now).
- You can mix it in a double boiler until it reaches 165°F and becomes thick or bake in the over at 400°F for 10 - 15 minutes.