- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh squeezed lime juice (12-15 limes)
- 6 -8 tablespoons superfine sugar (castor sugar)
- 4 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 18 fresh mint sprigs
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the lime juice in a large pitcher.
- Stir in 6 tablespoons sugar until it dissolves.
- Stir in the water.
- Crush the mint sprigs, then stir into the limeade.
- Taste and add the remaining sugar if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Transfer the limeade, including the mint sprigs, to a chilled large thermos.
- Serve over ice cubes, tucking 2 or 3 mint sprigs among the cubes.