Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is to be served with the Lemon Cake with Crackly Caramel or of course alone. It appeared in the May 2007 edition of Food & Wine Magazine. This looks so refreshing! Recipe by Lynn Moulton.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (try not to use the bottled kind)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the lime juice with 6 tablespoons of the sugar and simmer over moderate heat just until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the softened gelatin until melted.
- Transfer the lime gelatin to a medium bowl and let cool slightly.
- Whisk in the yogurt.
- In another bowl, beat the cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until softly whipped.
- Fold the cream into the yogurt mixture and
- refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 1 hour.