Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 butterflied pork chops (cut thick, at least an inch)
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- fresh cracked pepper
- mesquite wood chips, soaked in water (optional)
- Cut the pork chops in half, and while the grill is heating, squeeze a quarter of a lime over each of the four pieces.
- Sprinkle all four chops evenly on both sides with the thyme and tarragon and press spices in.
- Grind black pepper to taste on one side.
- When grill is hot, put mesquite chips on coals.
- Sear both sides of the chops quickly and then grill until done, turning once.
- Remove from grill to heated platter.
- Immediately salt and squeeze a little lime on each chop.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, loosely covered.
- Serve with any accumulated platter juices.