1 hr 5 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
These tea cakes are great for many reasons. They're simple, make great year-around gifts, or a great dessert for a dinner. They would also make a great hostess gift. And...they're easy because the base is an angel food cake mix!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat the cake ingredients together for three minutes. Pour into 9 mini-loaf pans (or you could use a large Bundt pan) sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake 25 min (mini loaf pans) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- 3In a small saucepan, stir together the syrup ingredients over medium low heat.
- 4Remove the cakes from the pan and place upside down on the wire rack with a pan underneath to catch any syrup. Poke holes in the bottoms with a skewer and drizzle on the syrup.
- 5Cool cakes completely and turn right-side up.
- 6Stir together the glaze ingredients and glaze cakes when completely cooled. Gift wrap in plastic and tie with a bow or store in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Tea Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 391.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 60.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: