Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These tea cakes are great for many reasons. They're simple, make great year-around gifts, or a great dessert for a dinner. They would also make a great hostess gift. And...they're easy because the base is an angel food cake mix!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the cake ingredients together for three minutes. Pour into 9 mini-loaf pans (or you could use a large Bundt pan) sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake 25 min (mini loaf pans) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the syrup ingredients over medium low heat.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and place upside down on the wire rack with a pan underneath to catch any syrup. Poke holes in the bottoms with a skewer and drizzle on the syrup.
- Cool cakes completely and turn right-side up.
- Stir together the glaze ingredients and glaze cakes when completely cooled. Gift wrap in plastic and tie with a bow or store in an air-tight container.