Lime Tarts With Coconut Cream
- 0 coconut, dried and sweetened (shredded or flaked)
- 158.51 ml whipping cream
- 78.07 ml coconut milk (stir before measuring)
- 29.58-44.37 ml powdered sugar
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml european style butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- about 1 1/4 pound lime, rinsed
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 118.29 ml european style butter, cut into chunks
- In an 8" to 10" frying pan over medium-high heat, stir coconut until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes; pour into a small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
- In another bowl, combine whipping cream, coconut milk, and powdered sugar. Beat with a mixer on high speed until coconut cream holds soft mounds. Cover and chill up to 2 hours.
- Whip to blend before using.
- Remove pan rims from crusts, and set each crust on a dessert plate. Fill crusts equally with lime curd.
- Top each tart with equal portions of coconut cream and sprinkle with coconut.