Lime Tarts With Coconut Cream
- 1⁄3 coconut, dried and sweetened (shredded or flaked)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk (stir before measuring)
- 2 -3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup european style butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- about 1 1/4 pound lime, rinsed
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup european style butter, cut into chunks
- In an 8" to 10" frying pan over medium-high heat, stir coconut until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes; pour into a small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
- In another bowl, combine whipping cream, coconut milk, and powdered sugar. Beat with a mixer on high speed until coconut cream holds soft mounds. Cover and chill up to 2 hours.
- Whip to blend before using.
- Remove pan rims from crusts, and set each crust on a dessert plate. Fill crusts equally with lime curd.
- Top each tart with equal portions of coconut cream and sprinkle with coconut.