Recipe by evelyn/athens
Lovely and tart. The slices of lime on top give it a lovely, rustic look. The dough has to 'rest' in the refrigerator for one hour before being rolled out.
Top Review by Latchy
I served this at a lunch for our clients and I must admit got a mixed reaction. I am not a sweet eater but I liked it because it wasn't too sweet. I must admit I liked the crust, maybe it was the small amount of cinnamon. It is an easy recipe to make. I served it with whipped cream. Well done Eve.
- 5 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lb sugar
- 5 limes, juice of
- 2 grated limes, zest of
- 10 eggs
- 7 ounces butter, melted and cooled
- 1 lime, cut into very thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust: Combine all the ingredients plus a dash of salt together until a dough forms.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes and roll out, on lightly-floured work surface to a 14 inch round disk enough to cover a 12 inch springform pan and come 2 inches up sides.
- Press into pan.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- For filling: Combine sugar with eggs, lime juice and zest.
- Whisk in butter in a thin stream and mix well.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Place lime slices decoratively onto tart.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Serve at room temperature or cooled slightly.