Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A friend of mine, from Costa Rica, made a simular offering almost 20 years ago. I never forgot the taste, so recently I decided to try & reconstruct it, adding my own touch. I hope you like it.
- 4 -5 lbs roasting chickens
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- garlic (optional)
- Rinse chicken, removing innards.
- Place chicken in roaster (or pan w/loose foil).
- Mix lime juice, soy sauce and tarragon and spoon over chicken, make sure to put some in cavity.
- Bake 375 Degrees.
- About every 1/2 hour baste with juices from pan.
- Bake time should be about 1 3/4 to 2 hours.
- Internal temp.
- should be 185 degrees when done.
- Remove cover last 1/2 hour of baking.
- Place chicken on platter, cover loosely w/ foil.
- Add enough water to drippings to make 2 1/2 cups liquid, pour into saucepan.
- Mix 1/2 cup water with corn starch, add to saucepan.
- Wisking liquid, bring to slow boil until thickened.
- Add small amount of salt or garlic if needed.
- Serve with chicken and mashed potatoes.
I've made this chicken one other time and will be making it again this weekend. The chicken came out so moist and juicy and the flavor was great!