Recipe by TammieV
A friend of mine, from Costa Rica, made a simular offering almost 20 years ago. I never forgot the taste, so recently I decided to try & reconstruct it, adding my own touch. I hope you like it.
- 4 -5 lbs roasting chickens
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- garlic (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken, removing innards.
- Place chicken in roaster (or pan w/loose foil).
- Mix lime juice, soy sauce and tarragon and spoon over chicken, make sure to put some in cavity.
- Bake 375 Degrees.
- About every 1/2 hour baste with juices from pan.
- Bake time should be about 1 3/4 to 2 hours.
- Internal temp.
- should be 185 degrees when done.
- Remove cover last 1/2 hour of baking.
- Place chicken on platter, cover loosely w/ foil.
- Add enough water to drippings to make 2 1/2 cups liquid, pour into saucepan.
- Mix 1/2 cup water with corn starch, add to saucepan.
- Wisking liquid, bring to slow boil until thickened.
- Add small amount of salt or garlic if needed.
- Serve with chicken and mashed potatoes.