Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have always loved friands and anything with lime so these sound perfect. I have not yet made this recipe. It came from an energy australia brochure. I hope someone will enjoy them for me until I get to make them myself.
- Lime Syrup: Combine sugar, water and lime juice in a small saucepan, and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, simmer two minutes, remove from heat.
- Grease 12 friand pans with melted butter.
- Sift flour and icing sugar into a large bowl, stir in almond meal.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy but not firm. Fold into dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pans 3/4 full, sprinkle each friand with lime shreds.
- Bake in moderate oven 180 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes or until golden and springy to the touch.
- Stand in pans two minutes, turn onto a cake cooler. Drizzle with Lime Syrup.