I have always loved friands and anything with lime so these sound perfect. I have not yet made this recipe. It came from an energy australia brochure. I hope someone will enjoy them for me until I get to make them myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lime Syrup: Combine sugar, water and lime juice in a small saucepan, and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, simmer two minutes, remove from heat.
- 2Grease 12 friand pans with melted butter.
- 3Sift flour and icing sugar into a large bowl, stir in almond meal.
- 4Whisk egg whites until frothy but not firm. Fold into dry ingredients.
- 5Add melted butter and stir until just combined.
- 6Spoon mixture into prepared pans 3/4 full, sprinkle each friand with lime shreds.
- 7Bake in moderate oven 180 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes or until golden and springy to the touch.
- 8Stand in pans two minutes, turn onto a cake cooler. Drizzle with Lime Syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Syrup Friands
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 109.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered sugar icing
limes, zest of