- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 -2 drop green food coloring
- additional powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.mix well and press into a greased 13x9" baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 13-15 minutes.or unti edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, lime juice, flour, baking powder, lime peel, food coloring.mix well.
- Pour over partially baked crust.
- sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- bake for 20-25 minutes or light golden brown.
- cool in pan on rack.
- dust with powdered sugar when cool.
- cut into squares.