- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, margarine and powdered sugar.
- Press into ungreased 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inch baking pan, building up 1/2 inch edges.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Beat remaining ingredients unil light and fluffy,about 3 minutes,pour over baked layer.
- Bake until no indentation remains when touched in the center, about 25 minutes.
- Cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.