Recipe by MammaBear23
Taken from Taste Of Home and placed here for safe keeping. I have not tried these myself yet. By request of a family member these will be included in my cookie trays this Christmas. Nutritional info would not compute for one cookie. So I used 4 per person as a random number. Giving you 21 servings. From the website the description reads;The refreshing citrus flavor in these pressed cookies comes from lime gelatin. They're easy, festive and delightfully different— always a big hit at potlucks and luncheons.
Top Review by alnkathy
This is a great recipe! The fruit flavors are wonderful and the colors very pretty on the cookie plate. I made a batch using lime jello and then made another batch with raspberry jello. The lime dough I put through a press, but with the raspberry dough I formed small balls and pressed a dark chocolate kiss into the dough. I used 2 eggs in the second batch. This recipe is quick and easy. Kathy
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- red and green colored sugar sprinkle (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and gelatin.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough into desired shapes 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.