Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low in calories, this dip is very easy. Serve at room temperature with baked tortilla chips.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place beans in food processor and pulse until almost smooth.
- Combine beans, carrot and remaining ingredients in medium bowl, stirring until blended.
- Let stand 30 minutes. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
This was a lovely find! It really isn't that pretty so I processed the carrots along with the beans. Added 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce and juiced only one lime. Ended up with a southwestern hummus that quickly disappeared!
This was so nice - had it with fish tacos, yum..
Great flavor! I used half lime juice and half lemon joice as I didnt have enough limes. I didn't add any salt because I just used corn tortilla chips which provided enough salt when paired with the dip. Delicious! Not eye appealing so I garnished with a little bit of green onion on top and a chopped tomato. Thanks!