Recipe by mary winecoff
Low in calories, this dip is very easy. Serve at room temperature with baked tortilla chips.
Top Review by CannB1
This was a lovely find! It really isn't that pretty so I processed the carrots along with the beans. Added 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce and juiced only one lime. Ended up with a southwestern hummus that quickly disappeared!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper