Recipe by Scoutie
This recipe is from Bobby Flay's TV show, Boy Meets Grill. I am posting it here for safe-keeping.
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
If I could give it more I would. Excelent taste Messy but oh so good. Next time I will take the skins off before to see if it makes any difference. Made for zwt6 for the Xrtra hot dishes
- 2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed or minced
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shells and tails on
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shallots, ginger, garlic, soy, lime juice, and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the green onion and oil and blend until combined. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl, pour the marinade over, and let marinate at room temperature for at least 20 minutes, no more than an hour.
- Preheat a grill to high. Remove shrimp from the marinade and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Let guests shell their own and serve on brown paper bags, if desired.
- Cooking time includes marinading time.