Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Bobby Flay's TV show, Boy Meets Grill. I am posting it here for safe-keeping.
Make and share this Lime-Soy-Ginger Marinated Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed or minced
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shells and tails on
- Place shallots, ginger, garlic, soy, lime juice, and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the green onion and oil and blend until combined. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl, pour the marinade over, and let marinate at room temperature for at least 20 minutes, no more than an hour.
- Preheat a grill to high. Remove shrimp from the marinade and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Let guests shell their own and serve on brown paper bags, if desired.
- Cooking time includes marinading time.
If I could give it more I would. Excelent taste Messy but oh so good. Next time I will take the skins off before to see if it makes any difference. Made for zwt6 for the Xrtra hot dishes
I served these wonderful little gems as an appetizer for our neighbors. Actually, I made the marinade the night before, then added the shrimp about 40 minutes before grilling them. My guests devoured them!!! Thanks for much for sharing, Scoutie.
best grilled shrimp recipe ever