Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
From the Caribbean island of Curacao. Posted for ZWT5.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (12 ounce) bottleof hi spot 7-Up soda or 1 (12 ounce) bottle Sprite
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Add cream cheese and beat until smooth or put in a blender.
- Stir in the pineapple and nuts, and soda. Pour in a mold and refrigerate overnight.
- Cooking time is chilling time.
Very tropical tasting and very nice in summer. I halved the recipe and taking diner's tip, also used the blender. Made for 1-2-3 Hits.
This is such a nice and light dessert, especially after a heavy meal!! I only made 1/2 of the recipe, using a 3 oz. package of lime jello and then 1/2 of all the other ingredients and followed to the recipe. I started out using my hand mixer but quickly switched to the blender (after spraying myself and counter, lol). Very quick and easy to get together. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 5.