Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Limes are a favorite ingredient in many traditional South American recipes. This smoothie is not of thick style more like a refreshing light drink. Perfect for a summer afternoon. Modified from a recipe on, http://www.smoothiejuicerecipes.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice (you may use juice from canned pineapple if need be)
- 1 lime, including some of the pulp and all the freshly squeezed juice
- 1⁄3 cup water (spring water)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons honey (of good taste)
- 8 ice cubes (this is not optional)
- Using a sturdy blender to mix up all the ingredients to desired consistency.
- Do not blame this recipe if your ice doesn't get broken enough or it breaks your blender. Blame the blender.
Very refreshing and frothy - not too sweet and would probably go well with a little rum! We really liked this recipe - made it for ZWT 7 and drank it with some fresh guacamole and chips as a lovely afternoon snack.
This is sooooo refeshing. Use your Ninja 1100 and you'll have no problems!
Very nice and light. I would call this a pineapple cooler! I loved the froth that developed from blending in the blender. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2011 by a fellow Food.Commando!