Recipe by cookiedog
Recipe courtesy of Chef/Owner Brian Ballinger of Cervantes Tapas and Italian Bistro in Sacramento, Calif. Posted for Zaar World Tour III.
Top Review by Mme M
I think this shrimp recipe is outstanding. I used the optional red pepper flakes, and for the parsley, well, I had cilantro, so used that! I think the triple sec is a surprisingly good addition to this dish. I never would have thought to use triple sec with shrimp, garlic, red pepper and lime, but it worked supremely well! I'll make this again, for sure!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add flour, salt, paprika and garlic. Sauté, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and triple sec; sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp turns pink and sauce thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle with parsley and chili flakes. Shrimp may be threaded on small wooden skewers with small lime wedges.