Recipe by Charlotte J
from local store
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
Great recipe! I strayed from the directions a bit concerning the mushroom prep. I find that raw grilled mushrooms are dry so I parboiled some baby portabellas for a couple of minutes and then added them to the skewer and then grilled them. Try it! You won't be disappointed.
- 3 large limes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 10 medium cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 10 small white button mushrooms, wiped clean and stems removed
- 16 large shrimp, uncooked, deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass measuring cup, squeeze limes, yielding 1/4 cup of juice.
- Add the garlic, pepper, olive oil, and cilantro, and stir.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl, and pour the cilantro-lime marinade over the shrimp.
- Let the shrimp marinate for 10 to 15 minutes in the refrigerator (do not let them marinate for more than 30 minutes as the acid of the juice will alter the texture of the shrimp).
- While waiting, alternate cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and shrimp on four skewers.
- Grill the skewers over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the shrimp are just cooked through.