Cool and refreshing on hot summer days, great after a large main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small heavy saucepan dissolve the sugar in 2 1/2 cups water, without stirring, over medium heat. When the sugar is dissolved, boil for 5-6 minutes. remove from the heat and let cool.
- 2Combine the cooled sugar syrup and lime rind and juice in a measuring cup or bowl. Stir well. Taste and adjust the flavor by adding lemon juice (for tartness) or confectioners sugar ( for sweetness). Do not over sweeten.
- 3Freeze the mixture in a n ice cream maker, following maufaturer's instructions.
- 4If you do not have an ince cream maker, pour the mixture into a metal or plastic freezer container and freeze until softly set, about 3 hours.
- 5Remove from the container and chop coarsely into 3 inch pieces. Place in a food processor and process until smooth. Return to the freezer conatiner and freeze again until ser. repeat this freezing and chopping process 2 or 3 times, until a smooth consistency is obtained,.
- 6Serve in scoops.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Sherbet
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 63.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, rind of