1/1 Photo of Lime Salsa Chicken Skewers With Cilantro Crème Sauce
Not only does this Mexican-inspired "kebob" make wicked-good fajitas, tacos, burritos, or just plain, the cilantro creme sauce turns any other sandwich (e.g turkey, beef...) into something phenominal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CHICKEN and MARINADE
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 large limes, juice of (apx. 1/2 cup)
- 59.16 ml very dry sherry
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 scallions, sliced (green onion)
- 118.29 ml sliced ripe olives
- 88.74 ml marinade, reserved above
- 29.58 ml jalapenos (seeded, deveined, and chopped)
- 29.58 ml cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 29.58 ml mint, fresh, chopped
- 29.58 ml almonds, slivered, toasted
- 2.46 ml black pepper
CILANTRO CREME SAUCE
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml sour cream
- 118.29-158.51 ml green tomatillo salsa (Pace & Victoria are good)
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml celery salt
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, fresh chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 1Chicken & Marinade: In a large Zip-Lock bag, make the marinade by mixing together the lime juice, sherry, oil, oregano, and garlic salt. Remove three Tablespoons of marinade; set aside. Add chicken to the remaining marinade, turning to coat. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Soak wooden skewers in hot water at least 30 minutes.
- 2Salsa: In a bowl, mix all ingredients well, and chill for an hour or more before serving.
- 3Cilantro Crème Sauce:.
- 4Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in a serving bowl, chill a few hours or overnight.
- 5Skewers: Toss bell peppers and onion quarters in with marinating chicken for last 30 minutes. Starting and ending with red bell pepper, make 7-8 skewers.
- 6Place the skewers chicken on grill with rack about 8 inches from heat source. Brush the heated marinade over chicken. Grill, turning and basting frequently with marinade, about 16 - 20 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender.
- 7Arrange skewers on the platter, with cilantro cream sauce underneath, and salsa on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Salsa Chicken Skewers With Cilantro Crème Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.8
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 1111.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: