Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not only does this Mexican-inspired "kebob" make wicked-good fajitas, tacos, burritos, or just plain, the cilantro creme sauce turns any other sandwich (e.g turkey, beef...) into something phenominal!
CHICKEN and MARINADE
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 large limes, juice of (apx. 1/2 cup)
- 59.16 ml very dry sherry
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 scallions, sliced (green onion)
- 118.29 ml sliced ripe olives
- 88.74 ml marinade, reserved above
- 29.58 ml jalapenos (seeded, deveined, and chopped)
- 29.58 ml cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 29.58 ml mint, fresh, chopped
- 29.58 ml almonds, slivered, toasted
- 2.46 ml black pepper
CILANTRO CREME SAUCE
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml sour cream
- 118.29-158.51 ml green tomatillo salsa (Pace & Victoria are good)
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml celery salt
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, fresh chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded lg. chunk
- 2 onions, peeled, quartered
- Chicken & Marinade: In a large Zip-Lock bag, make the marinade by mixing together the lime juice, sherry, oil, oregano, and garlic salt. Remove three Tablespoons of marinade; set aside. Add chicken to the remaining marinade, turning to coat. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Soak wooden skewers in hot water at least 30 minutes.
- Salsa: In a bowl, mix all ingredients well, and chill for an hour or more before serving.
- Cilantro Crème Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in a serving bowl, chill a few hours or overnight.
- Skewers: Toss bell peppers and onion quarters in with marinating chicken for last 30 minutes. Starting and ending with red bell pepper, make 7-8 skewers.
- Place the skewers chicken on grill with rack about 8 inches from heat source. Brush the heated marinade over chicken. Grill, turning and basting frequently with marinade, about 16 - 20 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Arrange skewers on the platter, with cilantro cream sauce underneath, and salsa on top.
I have to agree with you about the cilantro creme sauce! I couldn't stop eating it! That is what really makes this dish--I served it with some plain rice, and it was outstanding--and EASY! Thanks a bunch for a new way with chicken--