Prep 40 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Taste of Home; creamy and luscious. Great summertime salad/dessert. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (I use Sprite)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- Dissolve jello in water.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add jello mixture; beat until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, fruit, soda, and pecans.
- Chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- Fold in three-fourths of the Cool Whip.
- Pour into a 13x9 inch pan.
- Chill for 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares; garnish with remaining Cool Whip.
Excellent congealed salad. I used all the Cool Whip in the salad, too. Just made it extra creamier. A beautiful pale green color. The fruit and nuts were a great combination and gave the salad texture, color and flavor. My kids and husband all gave this a thumbs up. Thank-you.
I brought this to our church's dinner on the grounds. It was a favorite and none left-over (yeah). I always have a fear of taking a dish to something like this and no one eats any of it. Didn't have to worry with your salad. Great fruit flavor and creamy texture. Thanks.
This was great! I made this for Christmas Eve. dinner. I will definately make it again. The only change I made was not adding cool whip to the top.