Recipe by MarraMamba
Adapted slightly from Bon Appetit Nov/07. They used lemon, i had lime and enjoy the different taste with them. You can use lemon or orange.
Top Review by realbirdlady
A very nice side dish, and easy to make when the oven is already hot for the rest of the meal. The lime is a good flavor substitution. I mistakenly read the herb as rosemary, which turned out fine, but obviously would be a very different taste. I just used regular almonds, and roasted them while the beans were in the oven.
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 onion, peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 6 sprigs fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon packed finely grated lime peel
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped marcona almonds or 1⁄2 cup roasted regular almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray. Combine green beans, onion wedges, and marjoram in large bowl. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper. Toss; divide between prepared sheets.
- Roast vegetables 15 minutes. Reverse sheets. Continue to roast until beans are tender and beginning to brown in spots, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer vegetables to bowl. Add lime juice, grated lime peel, and half of chopped almonds. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.