My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 limes, juice of, plus
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1 tablespoon bitters, such as Angostura
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced on an angle into 2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (6 ounce) box rice pilaf mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup blanched almond, toasted
- 1In a small bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice and bitters and stir to dissolve the honey.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat until smoking. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the honey sauce; toss for 1 minute to coat.
- 4Stir the peas and cilantro into the prepared rice. Add the nuts and fluff with a fork.
- 5Transfer the rice to a platter; using a slotted spoon, mound the chicken over the rice. Serve with the lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Rickey Chicken and Buttered Almond Rice
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice pilaf mix