My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 limes, juice of, plus
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1 tablespoon bitters, such as Angostura
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced on an angle into 2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (6 ounce) box rice pilaf mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup blanched almond, toasted
- 1In a small bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice and bitters and stir to dissolve the honey.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat until smoking. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the honey sauce; toss for 1 minute to coat.
- 4Stir the peas and cilantro into the prepared rice. Add the nuts and fluff with a fork.
- 5Transfer the rice to a platter; using a slotted spoon, mound the chicken over the rice. Serve with the lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Rickey Chicken and Buttered Almond Rice
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice pilaf mix