Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Lime Rickey Chicken and Buttered Almond Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 limes, juice of, plus
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1 tablespoon bitters, such as Angostura
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced on an angle into 2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (6 ounce) box rice pilaf mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond, toasted
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice and bitters and stir to dissolve the honey.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat until smoking. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the honey sauce; toss for 1 minute to coat.
- Stir the peas and cilantro into the prepared rice. Add the nuts and fluff with a fork.
- Transfer the rice to a platter; using a slotted spoon, mound the chicken over the rice. Serve with the lime wedges.