Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This pound cake takes baking powder which combined with the cake flour gives it a lightness that cant be resisted.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 limes, zest of, grated
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- Grease a ten inch tube pan.
- Line the bottom with greased paper also.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream room temperature butter in a large mixer bowl and add the sugar gradually. Continue beating until mixture is very soft and light.
- Add the grated rind from two limes, along with the eggs one at a time, beating in a teaspoon of the flour with each addition of each egg.
- Sift the remaining flour with the baking powder and salt onto waxed paper.
- Stir the flour into the cake with a wooden spoon and also add the vanilla, and lime juice.
- Pour mixture into prepared tube pan and smooth the top evenly.
- Bake in 350 preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours or until tester comes away clean. Don't overbake, start testing at the 60 minutes time.
- Remove when done and cool in the pan.
- Run a knife around edge and then turn out.
- Peel off the paper and set up right side onto a plate.
- Sprinkle with powdered icing sugar.
Very good cake, but I couldn't taste the lime flavor that much. Maybe increasing the zest or juice would help.
Beautiful cake but was not as sweet as my husband would've lliked it to be.