Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Looking for a fancy cookie,something different.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup pistachios, finely chopped
For the lime icing
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in flour and lime peel Mix in pistachio.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place in ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 mins at 375F or till light brown.
- Ice as desired.
- Lime Icing: beat butter with powdered sugar,milk and lime peel till smooth.
- If frosting is too stiff,add in more milk.
- If too soft,add powdered sugar.
- Makes about 1 cup.
These are awesome! Always a big hit. I can't find unsalted pistachios, but I use unsalted butter and they turn out okay.