Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet.
Make and share this Lime Pistachio Bars recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons lime zest, grated (grated colored portion of peel)
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted shelled pistachio, chopped
- To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat bottom of 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place flour and powdered sugar in bowl of food processor.
- Add butter.
- Pulse machine on and off until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- (By hand, place flour and sugar in mixing bowl; add butter.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients using pastry blender or 2 table knives.) Remove mixture from processor; knead gently until dough holds together and forms solid mass.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake on center rack until crust is lightly colored, 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven; retain oven temperature. To prepare filling: Beat eggs in mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, flour and baking powder; beat 1 minute at high speed.
- Stir in lime zest and juice. Pour mixture over baked crust and spread evenly with spatula.
- Return pan to oven and bake until top is light brown and center is set, 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle pistachios over top, pressing them down so they adhere well.
- Let cool completely in pan.
- Using long, heavy, sharp knife, cut into 16 squares.
- If not using immediately, arrange squares on plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- (Bars can be prepared 1 day ahead).
- Serve bars cold or at room temperature.