Recipe by Seasoned Cook
COOL REFRESHING FLAVOR!! This salad has always been a hit at our family gatherings and the men love it best. It goes well with any entree. A very pretty salad when served on a lettuce leaf for dinner. Cooking time includes refrigerator time.
- 2 (3 ounce) packageslime gelatin powder (jello)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve packages of lime gelatin mix in 2 cups boiling water, remove from heat and stir well. Add 2 cups cold water and stir.
- Place gelatin mixture in a medium size bowl and allow to get cold in refrigerator. When gelatin mixture is slightly beginning to set around edges of bowl (test frequently -- you do not want it to completely set) remove from refrigerator.
- (To insure cream cheese is soft enough I microwave it for 20 seconds.) With an electric mixer beat softened cream cheese in a separate bowl and add small amounts by tablespoons into gelatin while beating. Add mayonaise.
- By hand, stir in drained pineapple, marshmallows and pecans. Pour into a 2 or 3 quart pyrex dish or plastic container and place in refrigerator. Let mixture get completely cold for at least 4-5 hours before serving.
- May be dipped out of container or served cut in squares topping a lettuce leaf.