Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- baked pastry shells
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lime peel (, 2 limes)
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice
- whipped cream or whipped dessert topping (optional)
- Prepare Baked Pastry Shell; set shell aside.
- For filling: In a large bowl, stir to-gether egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir in lime peel.
- Gradually stir in lime juice (mixture will thicken).
- Pour into the baked pastry shell.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- To serve, pipe or dollop the whipped cream or whipped topping over top of the pie, if you like.
- Makes 10 servings.
Debe, Your Lime Pie is to die for. I thought it was very delicous. It has that little extra bit of lime but yet is not overpowering. I even rated it above any other Key Lime Pie that I have tried. I could not believe how easy it was to make also. I am definitely keeping this one in my collection. Thanks for sharing..
This pie was very refreshing and unusual... tart but fruity and good! It did indeed have a creamy "cheese cake-like" consistency, just as another reviewer described. This description was what drew me to this recipe above the others on this site, and I'm very glad that it did! The simplicity and speed of the recipe was a great bonus. I will be making this for church dinners and family gatherings, to be sure!
Very easy to make, this recipe has a cheese cake-like consistency and a delicious lime flavor, especially good served from the fridge.