Top Review by FarmBoy1
Debe, Your Lime Pie is to die for. I thought it was very delicous. It has that little extra bit of lime but yet is not overpowering. I even rated it above any other Key Lime Pie that I have tried. I could not believe how easy it was to make also. I am definitely keeping this one in my collection. Thanks for sharing..
- baked pastry shells
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lime peel (, 2 limes)
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice
- whipped cream or whipped dessert topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Baked Pastry Shell; set shell aside.
- For filling: In a large bowl, stir to-gether egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir in lime peel.
- Gradually stir in lime juice (mixture will thicken).
- Pour into the baked pastry shell.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- To serve, pipe or dollop the whipped cream or whipped topping over top of the pie, if you like.
- Makes 10 servings.