Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Cool, creamy, and incredibly easy! this frozen fruity treat hits the spot on sunny days.
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mix crushed cookies and butter; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add limeade concentrate, beating until well blended after each addition. Add 2 1/2 cups of whipped toppings; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Spoon evenly over crust.
- Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 15 minute before serving. Lift dessert from pan, using foil handles, before cutting into squares to serve. Top each serving with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the remaining whipped topping. sprinkle evenly with lime peel. Store leftover dessert in freezer.
We really enjoyed this light and fresh-tasting dessert. Freezing it 3 hours, as directed, allowed me to cut it into very neat slices, which I liked. We also thought you could make this dessert in a store-bought Oreo Pie Crust for a super-fast preparation.
Family loves this dessert! Right amount of tart and sweet. So much easier than condensed milk recipe. I also purchase a pre-made crust for convenience and the extra large size cool whip! So yummy.
We loved this frozen dessert - very refreshing on a hot day. I made this into individual dessert servings, pressing the oreo crust into the bottom of the dessert cups and then sprinkling a few crumbs on top - I got 8 dessert cups. This is great for those summertime picnics and bbqs. I'll make this again since it's so easy. Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.