Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Caribbean Child's Trinidad and Tobago Cookbook. Use as a relish or dip. Wear gloves when handling the peppers.
- 1 lb lime
- 10 -15 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers, de-seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in large pot and take off heat, immediately add yellow limes and soak for 10 minutes.
- Take limes out, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- To a 1lb glass jar add salt and chopped garlic.
- Chop limes, remove seeds.
- Add limes to jar, layered with scotch bonnet pepper until you reach 1" from the top of the jar.
- Add additional lime juice squeezed from other limes until lime segments are covered by 1/2 inch.
- Close jar tightly, and shake jar thoroughly until juice and lime segments are properly mixed.
- Place jar outside in sunlight for about 4 days.
- Keep refrigerated after use.